Monday, February 18, 2008

Prologue PERFECTION

The Prologue went perfectly for us. Graphics perfect. Timing perfect. As for things beyond our control, the site (Stanford University) is awesome, the weather was perfect, it was just a great day.

Things can only go downhill from here, I fear.

Stayed at the Hotel Flamingo in Santa Rosa last night. Trust me on this....if the Hotel Flamingo is on your list of places to visit on your Winnebago tour of the US, remove it. Enough said.

I took off from Stanford around 5:30 and was asleep by 8:30, then was onsite in downtown Santa Rosa around 8 this morning. Having my own car is definitely the way to go on this tour, from a sleep and relaxation standpoint. My roommate, Bruce Braesemle, arrived at around 11:30 and was out the door at 6:30, so he was at the hotel for a grand total of 7 hours. I on the other hand had a much better night, having utilized our stellar room at the Flamingo for a whopping 11 hours.

Here are some pikkies for your amusement.
This Toyota Camry is my steed for the week. Great having a vehicle which, in and of itself, is a credential.


Meet Jill. She gets coffee. This is actually a very bad photo, she's gorgeous, and dresses very nicely.
Doping control. No further comment.

The finish straightaway at the Prologue. Note the perfect weather.

RF antennas on the snorkel lift.

No comments: