Friday, November 07, 2008

Lake Louise In My Future

One of the ways I keep myself entertained this time of year is to keep track of the change of seasons at my World Cup client venues (Lake Louise & Kitzbühel) and my favorite places to ski (Snowbasin, Deer Valley, Beaver Creek).

Canadians in general, and the Lake Louise R.O.C in particular, are tough, resourceful mofo's. The Eurotrash wankmeisters at FIS bitch and moan about coming over to North America, but fuck them.....they come over here before it's even winter and get training runs and races off like clockwork at LL and at Beaver Creek (race venue run by my colleague & friend Greg Johnson). In the last 3 years, LL has hit their marks on 17 out of 18 training runs and 15 out of 15 speed races. In NOVEMBER. Meanwhile, European Club-5 member Val d'Isere has been canceled, what, 3 years running now, due to no snow?

Here's a photo of Lake Louise today, Nov 7th. They've made snow from top to bottom on the downhill course, and they are selling lift tickets to the public tomorrow.

This is what it looks like during World Cup:


In two weeks, I'll be there with my partner Ted and my team of timing geeks, setting up for World Cup. Will there be enough snow to race downhill on? Hell, knowing Lake Louise, it'll be -35C by then.

No comments: