Monday, February 01, 2010

More on Jay Freeman, aka "Saurik"

This item from Wired is a few months old, but I just spotted it today. It concerns the aforementioned Jay Freeman, a guy I know vaguely and whom Dr Nephew PhD knows really well. Jay continues to (fairly successfully, I might add) rage against the Apple machine.

Rejected By Apple, iPhone Developers Go Underground

Other than this, I haven't had much to write about in the past week. I've been laid pretty low with the Euro Death Crud (bronchitis) since returning from Kitzbühel, so I've been spending most of my time gargling with Jaegermeister and sleeping. Haven't been able to surf because I'm still shivering and suffering from flu-like symptoms, so I get too cold in the water, but I have been out riding my bike in the heat to sweat out all that Austrian schinken and schwine.

It's good time to be laying low. The Olympic Corruption Fest train wreck has sucked all the air out of the sports production room for the next month, so I'm going to be home, doing some programming to get ready for a variety of upcoming events, and catching up on my rest.

Last year I segued directly out of the Hahnenkamm races into the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race, which just about put me 6 feet under. By the end of ATOC, I was so sick and so exhausted that I basically went to bed for a month. I coughed so much that I suffered a hernia. This year the ATOC has moved to May, and with a change in production companies, I may not get that gig again anyway. That date change may turn out to be a bummer eventually, but for now I'm loving it.

No comments: